USA Hockey and Missouri Hockey require all coaches to complete several steps before participating in any team activities. These steps include:
- USA Hockey Registration, available at https://membership.usahockey.com/, to be completed each year
- Background screen, available at https://www.usahockey.com/backgroundscreen, to be completed every two years
- Safesport training, available at https://www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining, to be completed or refreshed each year
- Age-specific Modules for the age group to be coaching, available at https://www.usahockey.com/agespecificmodules, to be completed once
- USA Hockey Coaching Certification course, available at https://coursesearch.usahockey.com/, to be completed by December 31
- You are able to log in on the USA Hockey Coaches Webpage to see if your background screening is still valid. Log in, Click My Profile, and then click Coaching Information on the left of the screen.